Here are other websites that give information about software security issues:
- Adobe Security Bulletins and Advisories: this gives information about
Adobe's security vulnerabilities.
- Apple Security Updates: this gives information about
Apple's security updates.
- CERT Coördination Center: this gives information about
- FTC: this US agency site gives
information about security and privacy issues.
- Hacker News Network: this gives
daily news and commentary about security issues.
- ICSA — International Computer Security Association:
this offers security assurance information and services for Internet-connected companies.
- Journal of Internet
Security: this informs professionals and supports discussions of electronic banking and
- Linux Weekly News: this gives weekly news
about Linux, including news about security issues.
- Macintosh Security: this gives
security information for Macintosh PCs.
- Microsoft: this
gives information about security issues in Microsoft products.
- Microsoft Malware Protection Center:
this lists tools, checklists, and other resources for securing its products.
- Microsoft Security Guidance Center:
information about securing Microsoft systems.
- Microsoft Virus Alert Center:
this lists viruses, worms, trojan horses, etc. that affect Microsoft products.
- Mozilla Security Vulnerabilities:
this lists Mozilla security problems and fixes.
this gives information about security issues in Netscape products.
- NIST Computer Security Resource Clearinghouse:
collects and disseminates computer security information and resources to help users, systems
administrators, managers, and security professionals better protect their data and systems.
a mailing list for the discussion of security exploits and security bugs in Windows NT and its
- Open Web Application Security Project: this
is a group that provides information for developers to make their applications more secure.
- Red Hat Linux Security:
this gives information about security issues with Red Hat's version of Linux.
this gives information about security issues.
- Security Focus: this is a provider
of enterprise security threat management systems; it hosts the BugTraq reports.
- Spywaretesting.org: this is a group
that reports information about spyware, spyware testing and collaboration between anti-malware researchers.
- Stay Safe Online:
this tells how to secure home and small business PCs.
- Sun Microsystems:
this gives information about Sun Solaris security patches.
- Symantec Antivirus Research
Center: this gives information about virus-related security issues.
- Windows 2000
Magazine — Security Administrator: this discusses Windows security issues and products.